On God and cancer

on Saturday, August 21, 2010

Roger Eberts empathizes with the state of Christopher Hitchens. One has survived the worst of cancer and the other will hopefully see the other side as well.

Eberts also discusses his views on God which match those of Hitchens, and as a matter-of-fact mine. Henceforth, I shall refer to anyone who cares to know my views on God to this article. Because try as I might (and I have attempted to several times), I have never been understood. Perhaps Eberts has a better chance of being understood.

Regardless, Roger Ebert's choice of words as always is delicious.

“I was asked at lunch today who or what I worshipped. The question was asked sincerely, and in the same spirit I responded that I worshipped whatever there might be outside knowledge. I worship the void. The mystery. And the ability of our human minds to perceive an unanswerable mystery. To reduce such a thing to simplistic names is an insult to it, and to our intelligence.”

1 comment:

Balrogsbane said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_the_gaps

Post a Comment